Friday, April 2, 2010

TGIF

For the last few weeks I've noticed that my Fridays seem to come faster and faster. I've heard that as you get older, time seems to speed up and the next thing you know, months turn into years. Honestly, I agree with that. Even though I'm still in my 20's (be it the twilight of my 20's), I notice each year passes more quickly than the last. So why should I be shocked when I realized my Fridays seem to happen more frequently than they used too. For me while I was like, "Finally, it's Friday," The sky would part, and music would play. Then last week I realized, "I live for Friday." In fact, I would wager that 90% of Americans live for Friday. Sure, Friday kicks off the weekend, but the faster they arrive, the faster time passes and you know what that means. Of course, I know how this happens, you get caught up in the day-to-day grind of life, you wake up, go to work, go home, have dinner, do some work, maybe watch an hour of TV, then it's time for bed... day in and day out. It's defeating. Of course you can do what I've done the past two weeks and try to do as much as possible, barely sleeping and then walk around like a zombie every day. Then I assure you, Friday will never come soon enough.

In other news, Heather drug me to a wonderful show at the iO West Theater last week. I say, "drug," but I was more than happy to go. The show was Beer, Shark, Mice, an improv troupe starring Mike Coleman, Pat Finn, Neil Flynn, Pete Hulne, David Koechner, and Paul Vaillancourt. Yeah, those guys! Anyway, it was a great show, and their last I was told, so if you missed out, sucks to be you. There's not a day that goes by now were Heather doesn't call me, Text me, or in some way communicate the words: "Hey, there's a dead body over here," to me in some fashion.

So any way, Happy Easter everyone (if you choose to celebrate Easter) and have a nice weekend. Oh, keep an eye out... all I can say is Stickers!

JLP

No comments:

Post a Comment