Thursday, November 12, 2009

My First LA Murder

So I got to experience my first murder in LA today. No, it's not what you think, I was not directly involved. It did cause quite a headache trying to park this morning. As I turned onto Cochran Street I noticed a CBS van in front of my office. As I drove down further, I noticed the rest of the street had been taped off and I couldn't get to the parking lot because, well ever news station in LA had set up shop in the street. Plus, there were about three medical examiner's cars in the way. Of course this was all about a hundred yards from my office.

I know, I know... what happened Jeff? Honestly, all I can tell you is what the news guy told me. It seems a woman in police protective custody was stabbed to death with cops literally a few feet away. The murder snuck into the woman's apartment while the cops were sitting outside in their car. When they finally realized what was happening, they shot the suspect dead. The woman, however, died of her wounds. http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-mid-city-ois,0,517517.story

To me this raises the question, "was it really that bad?" I mean I've had my share of bad relationships. I've even dated a few crazies in my time. But I've never thought, "I wanna climb into your bathroom window from the roof, so I can stab you." Anyway, so I've gotten robbery and murder out of the way. Hopefully that's it for a while.

In other news, I spent last night enjoying improv comedy at the Comedy Store on Sunset. For those of you who were there, you know what I'm talking about, for those of you who were not (and live in LA) you should really check these guys out. It's well worth your time. Visit www.laconnectioncomedy.com and www.inrareformcomedy.com for more information.

So that's all I got for today. For you Road Home fans, looks like the DVD should be available this holiday season. Can you say "Stocking Stuffer." I'll keep you informed. Until next time.

JLP

No comments:

Post a Comment